Fenix TK20R Troubleshooting Steps
- If your light won't turn on or won't charge, be sure to remove the plastic insulation disc (please watch video) inside the flashlight body as soon as you get the light.
- If your light turns on when it is plugged in, check to make sure that the tail cap is screwed down all the way. If it appears to be screwed on all the way, confirm that the tactical ring is also screwed down all the way, as this can prevent the tail cap from going down all the way as well.
- Confirm that the battery/batteries are inserted into the light facing the correct direction. The Positive (+) side should be toward the head (LED) of the flashlight.
- Confirm that there is only one o-ring on the light. The o-ring that comes in the box is a spare. The light already has an o-ring on it when you first remove it from the box. If you put on the spare o-ring, please remove it as this will prevent the light from making a full connection with the batteries.
- Confirm that the tactical ring is on completely tight on the body of the flashlight. Loosen the tail cap before tightening down the tactical ring. If the tail cap is tightened down to the tactical ring, it can prevent the ring from moving.
- Confirm that the tail cap piece is completely tight on the body of the flashlight.
- If the light is still not working after tightening the tactical ring and the tail cap, try to flip the tactical ring around.
- Perform troubleshooting as suggested on our general "Troubleshooting Your Flashlight" page.
After you have completed the above troubleshooting steps, if your light is still not working please click one of the two links below to request a repair:
- If you purchased this product directly through Fenix-Store.com, please click here to go to your account page and find the item in your order history. You may request a repair from there.
- If you purchased this product from another store or a different Fenix distributor, please click here to fill out our Return Authorization form.