How can I fix the button or tail switch on my flashlight?Updated 6 months ago
For issues with the side switch, please contact our customer service department.
For issues with the tail switch, please see the below instructions to tighten the switch if necessary. Be careful not to over-tighten!
- Remove the tail cap
- Look on the inside of the tailcap and you may see a silver o-ring with two little indentions in it.
- Take a spanner wrench or needle-nose pliers and place the tips in the little indentions in the silver o-ring in the tailcap.
- Turn COUNTER CLOCKWISE to tighten the switch. If the ring is loose any, that can cause your light to not work properly.
- IMPORTANT: Do not put Loctite glue (or such) on the o-ring. To replace the switch in the tailcap, you have to be able to removed this ring to access the switch.
- It's a good idea to periodically check to make sure it is secure. With the clicking on and off of your light, that ring can work loose.
NOTE: NOT ALL FENIX FLASHLIGHTS HAVE THE SILVER RING AS IN THE PHOTO. FOLLOW THE ABOVE STEPS IF YOUR LIGHT HAS THE TYPE OF RING IN THE PHOTO BELOW. SOME LIGHTS MAY HAVE A SNAP RING INSTEAD THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE TIGHTENING.
Was this article helpful?